- Find Your Property
- About Al Hamra
- Al Hamra Village – the Gem of Ras Al Khaimah
- Facilities at Al Hamra Village
- Super Luxury Hotels in Al Hamra Village
- Golfing in Al Hamra Village
- Al Hamra Marina and Yacht Club
- RAK Sailing Academy and Sailing Club
- Iceland Waterpark
- Al Hamra Mall
- Dining in Al Hamra Village
- Al Hamra Residences
- Al Hamra Village House Rules
- Al Hamra Village – New Projects
- About RAK
- RAK General Information
- Living in Ras Al Khaimah
- Investing in Ras Al Khaimah
- Things to Do and See in RAK
- Useful Links
- About Us
- Contact Us
Follow Us and Stay in Touch
RAK has a modern road network which connects all parts of the Emirate. There are three dual-carriageways that link RAK with the other Emirates and beyond. One of them runs alongside the coastline with beaches on the one side and the desert on the other; the other new road leads towards the airport in the direction of Khatt, Masafi, Fujairah, Dhaid and Oman.
The Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Road runs through the Emirates of Umm Al Quwain, Ajman (60 km) and Sharjah (71 km) and reaches Dubai (87 km)
This highway allows travel from RAK to Dubai in under 45 minutes.
Reaching RAK – Directions to Ras Al Khaimah
- At Dubai International Airport take the Emirates Road (E311) which leads to Sharjah
- Follow the road signs for Sharjah until you reach the Ras Al Khaimah road signs and continue straight
- After about 45 minutes’ driving and after you pass exit 122, you will reach the Emirates round-about which is at the entrance of Ras Al Khaimah
- Go right from this round-about to get to Ras Al Khaimah City
- Go left from this round-about to get towards Al Hamra Village.
Distance of RAK from other places
- RAK International Airport – 18 km, 20 minutes’ drive
- Dubai International Airport – 85 km, 45 minutes’ drive
- Oman, Mussandam Border – 40 km, 30 minutes’ drive
- Abu Dhabi International Airport – 250 km, 2.5 hours’ drive
- Dubai Mall (Dubai) – 100 km, 1 hour’s drive
- Mall of the Emirates (Dubai) – 107 km, just over 1 hour’s drive
If you live in Ras Al Khaimah, you need a car or taxi to travel as the public transport consists of buses for long-haul journeys which mainly serve small towns.
There are a number of taxi companies, such as Kars, Al Arabia and Al Hamra which also has a fleet of pink coloured taxis for females!
If you stay in Al Hamra you can use the Al Hamra Buses which provide bus transportation from RAK to Dubai, Ajman, Sharjah and Umm Al Quwain.
Tel: Al Hamra Call Centre – 8001700